LIFE ENERGY Equipment
- Life Energy BLOG | Life Force & Life Energy Equipments
- Brain Evolution Manual Sensory Perception Training
- How RADIONICS Works
- About RADIONICS: Dr. Albert Abrams & Dr. Ruth Drown
- 5 Ways to Align to Univers
- 5 Signs That You're Not Living in Alignment with Your Purpose
- How To Manifest With Your Energy
- 8 Keys & 9 Ways To Attract Good Energy Today
- How To Manifest Miracles In 5 Steps
- The Life Energy is the Solution, for all the Problems of Life
- What Exactly is Prana, Qi, Chi, Life Force Energy?
- What Prana Is And How To Feel It
- What is Chi Energy and How to Balance Your Vital Energy Chi
- How To Use The 2 Cup Manifestation Method In 5 Steps
- 5-Step Law of Attraction Scripting Template
- 4 Major Blocks To Your Manifestation Power
- These 12 Universal Laws Will Help You to Manifest Everything
- The Secret Behind The Secret: How the Law of Attraction Works
- 10 Secrets to Manifest Faster
- The Power of Silent Practice
- Conscious Creation
- Subconscious Mind
- 30 I Am Affirmations
- How to Develop Your Chi
- Chi Energy, the Force of Life
- The Power of Intention in the Manifestation Process
- The 3 Secrets Of Manifestation
- Are We Focusing Too Much on Our Effects and Not Enough on Our Causes?
- The Emotional Guidance Scale
- Manifestation Technics and Methods
- Manifestation Tips For Beginners (With 6 Easy Steps)
- How To Manifest Using Sexual Energy
- The Number One Mistake When Manifesting
- How To Manifest Love
- The Law Of Attraction
- Boosting Your Energy With The Law of Attraction In 5 Steps
- Why The Law Of Attraction Doesn't Work
- 31 Of The Best Things Money Can't Buy
- How To Control Your Subconscious Mind?
- How To Connect With Your Higher Self In 3 Steps
- The Basic Principles of Feng Shui
- How to build your future life?
- List of 12 Rules For Life
- 11 Daily Ways to Increase Your LifeForce & LifeEnergy
- Can 'Daith Piercing' Stop Your Migraine Pain?
- 10 Prayers For Abundance That Work
- 15 Magical Ways To Manifest Your Desires
- Ultimate Guide To Manifesting
- 10 Limiting Beliefs That Block Your Manifestations
- Mind over matter and Spirit over Mind
- Energise Your Life
- Activating Your Light Body: A Guide through the Chakras
- 70 Chakra Affirmations For Your 7 Chakras
- Blog Disclaimer
- LifeEnergy Blog
Motto / Quote
Can 'Daith Piercing' Stop Your Migraine Pain?
If you’ve ever experienced a migraine headache, you know that the pain can be excruciating and last for hours. A recent social media explosion about daith piercing has some migraine sufferers singing its benefits, despite a lack of scientific evidence to support that claim.
Daith piercing is a piercing of the inner ear cartilage that some people believe can relieve migraine headaches.
“The practice is similar to acupuncture in that there is a pressure point in the same spot where the piercing is done,” says Richard Kim, MD, Clinical Neuroscience Institute physician. “But we don’t know if it does the same thing as acupuncture.”
Migraines involve nerve cells, hormones and blood vessels in the brain. Hyperactive nerve cells signal blood vessels to expand. This also releases inflammatory hormones that cause painful pulsing in those blood vessels.
A migraine is the third most common disease in the world and causes severe head pain lasting for hours or days.
A migraine is more than just a regular headache. It is an attack of severe head pain that generally lasts for hours but can last days.
Migraines are usually accompanied by sensory symptoms, including:
- flashes of light
- blind spots
- tingling in the arms and legs
- increased sensitivity to light and sound
Migraines are severe headaches often preceded by symptoms that affect the senses. This common medical condition affects millions of men and women annually. Could a piercing that targets a particular point in the ear help to manage migraines and lessen their effects?
Are daith piercings effective?
Generally, people who seek out daith piercings to treat their migraines are people that have found acupuncture helpful but are looking for a long-term solution.
Aside from Dr. Ahmed’s statement, there is limited information on the topic. As such, expert recommendations on this form of migraine treatment are limited.
To make an informed decision as to the value of daith piercings, people will need to research the procedure carefully, taking into account the known risks.
A daith piercing is one of many alternative treatments that might be used to treat migraines. Other alternative treatments include:
- stress reducing practices, such as yoga or meditation
- use of essential oils, such as lavender
- making dietary changes
- herbal treatments
- vitamins and other substances
Acupuncture is a holistic Chinese practice that uses thin needles placed into the skin to stimulate specific points on the body. It’s used to relieve pain and treat various health conditions.
A daith piercing punctures the cartilage of the outer ear, at the spot where the cartilage ridge called the helix meets the opening to the inner ear. The practice of piercing this location on the ear has existed for thousands of years, says Dr. Kim.
“I would recommend a proven treatment and on top of that, if you really want to, then you can do a daith piercing."
No Scientific Evidence
The renewed interest in daith piercing came from widespread sharing of a 2015 student-written article, “A ‘Piercing’ New Alternative for Migraine Relief,” published by the State University of New York at Purchase. As the story was reposted on social media sites, more people began to try daith piercing for migraine relief.
“Patients hear about it, and it’s similar to when people hear about a diet that worked for someone,” says Dr. Kim. “It doesn’t mean it will work for you or for everyone.”
At this time there is no real scientific evidence that daith piercing reduces or stops migraines or headaches. There have been no clinical trials to test daith piercing and there is no research to support its use as a migraine treatment.
Investigators found nothing more than anecdotal evidence.
Scientific data is also inconclusive when it comes to the link between acupuncture and migraines, which may or may not be helped by the ancient treatment.
Proven Treatment Options
If you suffer from migraines, you should follow your doctor’s recommendations for preventing headaches, including proven migraine and headache treatments, says Dr. Kim.
A first line of migraine treatment includes avoiding triggers. Triggers vary for each person and may include:
- Certain foods
- Physical exertion
- Strong smells
- Sensory stimuli like sun glare or loud noises
Other common migraine treatments include:
- Hormone replacement therapy for women
- Medicines to manage and prevent migraines
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
“I would recommend a proven treatment and on top of that, if you really want to, then you can do a daith piercing,” says Dr. Kim.
What to Know About Daith Piercing
If you are thinking about a daith piercing, Dr. Kim recommends doing some research first to make sure you know what you are getting into. You should also remember that the procedure might not provide relief from your migraines.
“I’ve had several people come in and show me their piercing and it is in the wrong spot,” Dr. Kim says. “Not everyone who does it knows the correct location.”
Here are some points to consider about daith piercing:
- Pain: A daith piercing can be painful and uncomfortable because it goes through cartilage.
- Infection: There’s a risk of irritation and infection at the piercing site.
- Non-medical: Piercing and tattoo artists are not typically trained in acupuncture, but they perform the daith piercing.
- Complications: A keloid — a hard, smooth growth or scar — may develop at the piercing site.
“I do not recommend daith piercing to treat headaches, but if you want to do it because you like the look and it does help your headaches, that’s a nice added bonus,” Dr. Kim says.
Don't forget to pin this post!
Richard J. Kim, MD
Medically reviewed by Deborah Weatherspoon, Ph.D., R.N., CRNA — Written by Lori Smith, MSN, BSN, WHNP-BC
Subscription: $7.79 / month
(Renews until you cancel)
now -also- on your computer, tablet & 'smart phone' / mobile phone !
Successes, achievements, abundance, prosperity and personal development and fulfillment without LifeEnergy & LifeForce? Impossible! So, start- and use your new LifeEnergy & LifeForce Equipment!
Life Energy & Life Force Equipments
powered with- and boosted by Vital Generators; the Chi Generators® & Prana Generators® & Orgone Generators®
~ Contact... ~